ICOE, ONEM and SEANERGY join forces in 2018 to organize
the largest global Ocean Energy Event in Normandy
Cherbourg, Normandy, France – 12- 14 June 2018
Next year, Normandy will bring its local content and expertise whereas BlueSign will bring its network and experience through the organization of Seanergy, to put France on the forefront and to build the prestigious international event on ocean energy.
Held since 2006, ICOE gathers 600 to 900 experts, more than 100 high-level speakers about a hundred exhibitors every two years: in 2016, 25 countries were represented. This conference aims at gathering stakeholders from the sector of ocean energies (tidal, wave, salinity gradient, ocean thermal energies) and sharing the most recent experiences on research and technological demonstration. It is supported by the International Energy Agency (IEA) through Ocean Energy Systems (OES).
Seanergy - the largest event on Marine Renewable Energy (MRE) in Europe - brought together in 2016, 3,500 experts and professionals, 220 exhibitors from 15 countries and helped organizing more than 800 business meetings. 40 renowned speakers shared the latest reflections, developments and innovations during high level conferences.
The complementarity of these two events aims to combine scientific content and business opportunities in order to:
- Disseminate recent technical experiences and demonstration from ocean energy research
- generate business for companies of the MRE sector
- promote the economic and societal dimension of MRE
- attract young people to work in the MRE field
About BlueSign - http://www.bluesign.events/home - @bluesignevents
BlueSign is the provider of specialist conferences and exhibitions business on Marine Renewable Energy.
BlueSign helps organizations to make connections, do business effectively and communicate on and develop their image. BlueSign allows business professionals to succeed by delivering high value networking opportunities. BlueSign organizes notably, each year, Searnergy, the major Marine Renewable Energy event in Europe. Seanergy is the international echo chamber of the multiple contributions of Marine Renewable Energy, its successes, its enterprises and their importance, its communities and finally the constant support of the public authorities, Regions, towns...
ONEM was initiated in 2012 by the Normandy region, Manche Department and Cherbourg-en-Cotentin to promote and assist the development of marine renewable energy in Normandyin close collaboration with all stakeholders involved in the associated industry, supply chain, R&D, education and training.
Normandy benefits from numerous advantages for the development of offshore wind and tidal energies, with :
- Three offshore wind farms in Courseulles-sur-mer (450MW), in Fécamp (498 MW) and in Dieppe-Le Tréport (496 MW),
- The world’s first tidal potential for commercial use, located in the Alderney Race (Raz Blanchard, 5,000MW),
- Five large industrial ports: Cherbourg, Le Havre, Caen-Ouistreham, Dieppe and Fécamp.
- A research network dedicated to MRE gathering more than 30 research centers and laboratories,
- 190 SMEs with recognized expertise in the MRE field.
While ONEM becomes in 2017 a regional organization, its 3 historical stakeholders remain united to welcome the most important ocean energy event of the year.